Tuesday 26 November 2013

Shakuhachi x Parfasseux: Eye Candy

This week we collaborated with the super cute Yan Yan Chan from Parfasseux Blog on a 'do it yourself' project for our 'Eye Candy' eyewear range. The aim of the project was to capture Yan in raw form; just Yan and her shades ... 



These series of natural, spontaneous unedited photos capture aspects of Yan's everyday life. Queue; big round lenses and oversized coffee cups, reflector lenses and sprinklers, Yan, her boyfriend and mum all in 'Eye Candy'. 



S: These photos represent you in your everyday life. How would you describe your personal style? 
Y: It definitely reflects Sydney's lifestyle; laid back and lazy! On my days off I love dressing with comfort ... so it's my go to boots, a throw over singlet and jeans with some sort of quirky print I've found from op-shopping. 



S: In these photos we see you in the sun, cafe hoping and mucking around in your wardrobe. Your favourite ... 

Beach Hangout? 
Y: The grassy knoll at North Bondi. I've spent pretty much all of my teens in the hood so where the sun is out, that's where I'll be! 

Brunch Spot?  
Y: I love good food, coffee and vibes so it's 'The Grounds of Alexandia', 'The Three Blue Ducks' in Bronte, 'Reuben Hills' or 'Art and Me' in Surry Hills. 

Item in your wardrobe?
Y: Right now I'm loving this lamb skin fringe bag a bag and jewellery designer gave me.  




S: You're a sunnies girl. Do sunnies make an outfit? 
Y: 100%. When I'm in a generic outfit, I'll always bring sunnies with me. It decreases the slouchiness of the outfit and makes it so much less uniform.




S: Sunnies are a summer essential. How many pairs of sunnies do you own? 
Y: Too many to count!




S: Do you co-ordinate your sunnies with your outfit or do you have one staple pair?
Y: I'm such a spontaneous dresser. Partly because I never have the time to plan an outfit and if I do, I always end up changing! It really depends on my mood so co-ordinating my sunnies with my outfit is very unlikely. I have about 3-4 sunnies that I wear on high rotation, but I tend to go for styles that are quiet versatile and applicable to a few different outfits.




S: Lastly, your favourite pair from our 'Eye Candy' collection? 
Y: Ahh definitely the Stardust in white with silver mirror. I've fallen in love. They're temporarily glued to my face. I've always wanted a pair of white sunnies and the polarised lense is just the cherry on top.









Photography: Joel for Parfasseux Blog

Shop 'Eye Candy' in stores and online now


1 comment:

  1. Ah I love Yan and your sunnies so much. Perfect combo here <3
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...